By 2023, there will be about eight million apps on the Apple App Store, up from more than four million today. And among the huge number of gaming apps are corporate apps. That’s how companies conduct their business with smartphones, because enterprise apps have a number of advantages:
Opportunities for all industries
Airlines use their apps to sell tickets and manage their rewards programs through them, cab services sell their services, and clothing stores allow you to order with a home fitting. Messengers (Messenger, Facebook, Whatsapp, etc.) allow you to communicate with bots and receive reports, create corporate chats and company channels. And Instagram has long been both an advertising and sales channel. Enterprise mobility will help your business get even more new users.
Mobile apps excel in design and usability – any user can figure it out on their own and make a purchase right away. And the functionality is constantly expanding.
Cooler than their PC counterparts
This is surprising, but a fact. Mobile apps are many times better than their PC counterparts. Businesses primarily want to improve the mobile app, because the smartphone is with the person 24/7. And no one is surprised that software updates for mobile applications are released much more often than for PC programs.
The fact that many companies have migrated their business to mobile apps has led to increased overall productivity and more efficient optimization of all business processes. After all, organizations now also need to consider mobile business when improving their business model. And the speed of mobile app updates is keeping companies on their toes.
Mobile apps give companies a lot of room for imagination when developing them. What it will be is entirely up to the organization’s choice. Many prefer to create multiple mobile apps, while others prefer to pack everything into one – both a business product and handy tips for users to help them in their daily lives.
The inevitable digitalization leaves companies with no choice and pushes them to change both the product itself and the sales and advertising channels, as well as the technology on which these products and channels are based. Therefore, new products – robotic business automation systems – are now appearing on the IT market. Such programs make it possible to integrate any business models and processes in the shortest possible time and change them just as quickly.
Types of enterprise mobile applications
There is a wide range of enterprise mobile apps that can be tailored to your company’s business needs. They can all be divided into three main categories: employee-level, department-level, and company-level.
Employee-level corporate mobile apps are task-oriented apps created to solve problems related to a specific position in the company. This type of app provides employees with the most up-to-date data, saving them from having to go to an operator or make formal inquiries. It also sends employees feedback to the company through in-app notifications.
Here are some examples of employee applications:
- Sales process management software that employees can use to quickly retrieve all customer data;
- messaging tools for quick communication between the team leader and the development team about project updates;
- business intelligence applications that provide project managers with data on project progress and its key KPIs;
- corporate supply chain and logistics apps for order and delivery tracking, product management, and others.
Corporate mobile apps at the department level improve the workflow of specific company departments. There is a wide range of departmental applications that can include:
- Project management tools for sending group messages and defining team goals and objectives;
- ticketing systems for technical support;
- marketing management applications for market analysis, launching marketing campaigns, managing resources, etc;
- accounting applications for financial transactions and deals;
- HR management tools for managing employee data and collecting employee feedback, and others.