The World Financial Review (TWFR) takes the privacy of its users seriously. TWFR has adopted information management guidelines for our customer relationships designed to respect the privacy and preferences of our users.
What Type of Information Does TWFR Collect?
Personal information collected by TWFR may include:
• Name, postal address, phone number, and e-mail address.
• Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information. Please note, we do not retain credit card information.
We may also collect information about you such as:
• If you create an account – your username, password, and other demographic information that you provide.
• If you purchase from TWFR – what you buy, and how frequently you buy.
• If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information that you provide and information about subjects that may interest you.
We may automatically collect website use information when you visit our site. This information may include information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
In addition, this site uses targeting or advertising cookies to see which areas and features are popular and to count visits to our site. These cookies are used by third parties such as social networks and advertisers to collect information about your browsing habits and share it with other websites so they can display advertising relevant to you, provide services, and to allow “Like” buttons and “Share” buttons to work. Most browsers allow you to decline cookies (check your browser’s Help menu) but doing so may disable some features on our site, and prevent us from recognizing you when you return to our site.
Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our site or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
We may also collect aggregated or anonymized usage data that does not personally identify you.
Information we do not track
We do not track or collect any sensitive information about you. This includes race, religion, ethnicity, and political opinion.
How Does TWFR Use Information About You?
• To fulfil your orders and contracts with us
• To manage your access to our online content and apps, and to send you content via push notifications, newsletters, if you have agreed for us to do so.
• To send you service notifications related to your product or service such as subscription renewal notifications, password resets and order confirmations.
• To manage customer service queries and complaints.
• To manage your privacy preferences and to ensure you only receive communications that you have requested, which may include using your details to suppress you from communications.
• To send you administrative emails about your account, reminders for upcoming events, service changes, or new policies. These updates, changes and notifications are essential for the services that you have selected.
• To provide general location-based services (e.g. the region or country you are in), advertising or search results for our content.
• To detect and reduce fraud including fraudulent orders.
• To prevent users from posting illegal, offensive or objectionable comments on our site.
To deliver marketing and advertising
We need your consent to use your information for some specific purposes such as marketing, brand response communications and personalised advertising. Ways in which we will use your information if you consent are as follows:
• We may send marketing communications via a range of channels including email and push notifications and you can opt out of these at any time. If you give us marketing permission, we may contact you to tell you about special offers and related or similar products or services.
• We will ask you if you wish to opt-out of such marketing when you first sign up to receive our products or services. You can also update your preferences at any time by contacting us. You can also opt out of email marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
• In order to deliver advertising and marketing messages that are relevant to you, we may use the information we hold about you, including details that we collate from your use of our services or third parties, such as more precise information on your location, to ensure that the advertising you see is of interest to you.
TWFR publishes content on social media platforms e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn through both “organic” and “paid” methods to reach current and potential readers:
• “Organic” methods describe where content and/or offers are published onto a social platform so that they may appear in your social platform’s content, without being promoted or forced to appear more prominently.
• “Paid” methods describe where content and/or offers are published onto a social platform so that they will appear more prominently, or be shown to users that do not currently follow TWFR’s social pages
• We do not have direct access to your personal data on your social media platforms.
Does TWFR Share Personal Information With Third Parties?
We do not disclose your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here.
• We sometimes work with advertisers or other third parties to serve ads targeted to your interests, or to collect data for conversion tracking (that is, what actions you take after you click on an ad).
• We retain the email addresses of those who send us email, who purchase goods and services via our website, who register for access to our site, and who subscribe to our email newsletters or the print or digital editions of TWFR. We do not disclose these email addresses to third parties.
• We do use aggregated information (that is, data about our customers or users that is anonymized so that no one is individually identified), to allow us to audit site usage, create marketing profiles, manage our relationship with advertisers, and to provide support services to us.
Retaining and storing your information
We securely store your information, and hold it for as long as we need to in order provide our services and products to you in accordance with (i) applicable law, or (ii) as long as is set out in any relevant contract you have with us.
We review our retention periods for personal information regularly. If you have not interacted with us in any way, we will generally no longer hold your information after 5 years (although this may be shorter for individual businesses (you can confirm by contacting us)). Sometimes we may need to keep it for longer periods such as tax and other financial regulatory reasons, this would typically be 7 years. We would only keep it for longer than this if we are required to by law.
If you request for us to no longer contact you, for example with marketing communications, we will retain the minimum amount of information about you so that we can ensure we remove you from any future communications. Please note that if you ask us to completely remove all information about you, and you subsequently use our products and services at a later date, we will no longer be able to recognise your previous request to not be contacted, which is why we would keep it and suppress it in line with industry standards.
Keeping your information safe
We take information security seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure the information we hold on you remains safe. We limit who has access to your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep your information availability restricted and safe.
Questions and Feedback
Email: [email protected]
• How do I opt out of marketing?
You can update your preferences at any time by contacting us. You can also opt out of email marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
• How long do you hold my information for?
We generally hold information for up to 5 years if we have had no interaction with you. It may be 7 years or longer if required for financial, tax or legal reasons.
• Can I ask you to delete my information?
Yes, just contact us. We will consider your request and take appropriate action which may mean that we suppress it, rather than delete it to ensure that we can still follow your preferences as to whether or not we can market to you.
• How do I update my information?
You can update it at any time via your online account or just contact us.
• What are my rights under GDPR?
You have a right to ask us for information we hold about you, please email us including the subject line, “Subject Access Request”, so that we can respond as promptly as possible.
You also have the right to ask for us to update, delete or stop processing information we hold about you. However, please note that there are circumstances in which complete erasure of your information or ceasing to process your information will not be possible for operational, legal and business reasons. This may include if you remain a customer for whom we need to provide services, or if you wish us to no longer contact you for marketing purposes. In this case we may need to retain some of your details securely in order to facilitate this request by, for example, keeping you on a “do not contact” or suppression list. This will be the only purpose for which your data will be used if this is the case.
Changes to this policy