Anyone into digital marketing knows how important it is to carry out on-page optimization. Though just one part of the complete strategy to rank a website on top, on-page optimization is an important one. It involves using the content matching the customer intent. On-page optimization helps the search engine to find your content, your website, your products, and your services so that your audience can find you.
Basically, on-page SEO involves the different elements of your website’s pages including meta tags, content format, and also optimizing your content with the primary keywords.
The most important thing in your on-page SEO involves producing content for matching user intent, user engagement while applying the tactics for increasing engagement. On-page SEO when done correctly will help you stay on track to your coveted destination of reaching website engagement goals. The best team for SEO India will help you with the same.
There are certain general on-page SEO optimization tactics which you should be aware of and carry our including:
Optimizing the URL: You need to form crisp and concise URLs. They must include the keyword. This is not a direct SEO tactic but it surely is instrumental in giving a better ranking.
Front-Load Title Tag with the Keyword: You also have to optimize the metadata including the meta descriptions, meta title data with the keyword, and having the right number of characters for every website page. Also, make sure that you embed title tag modifiers.
Web content optimization: Use the focus keyword In The First 100 Words of page content and also in the last 150 words. If it’s a long content of about 1000 words, use the focus keyword one more in the middle. Also, make sure your content has all semantic or LSI keywords.
Additionally, use the focus keyword in H1 and other keywords in H2 or H3 Tags. Try to front-load the keywords in the heading tags.,
Optimize Images well: They should be compressed and named according to the content where they are present. The image should match well with the content. Prefer JPEG images for graphics. Use the right alt attributes so that Google can find your website through optimized images as well.
Use External Links and Internal Links: Optimally linking your web pages with related internal pages and the external link will help users find more useful information in the shortest possible time. External links to high authority pages will boost customer’s trust and your authority. They also show your allegiance to offering quality and authentic services.
Structure the site’s content: Structuring your site’s content is important for bringing out search results that match your customers’ expectations. It can be tricky to produce content that meets your customers’ expectations and drive conversions. Here are some simple steps which will help you to rank, get more clicks and appeal to your customers on all sites.
Prepare content for your readers and optimize it for bots
The best SEO strategy revolves around the requirements of your customers. So, you need to match the ranking factors and help readers to engage with your content. Achieving both goals may be hard. However, formatting the content rightly will prove helpful for both the readers and the robots allowing them to focus well on the information.
One of the best ways to improve the site’s visibility for increasing conversions involves formatting the content to improve its readability. This means you need to write short sentences and form small paragraphs. Also, include the right headings and subheadings to ensure that all the important information gets skimmed properly.
- Use the subheadings having different keywords in H2 and H3 tags.
- Here are some hints on how the best writers make the most of formatted content
- Adding H2 subheadings after every 300 words.
- Use content with additional 50 or more words in subheadings for H3 headers.
- Use exact match keywords and keywords in your subheadings whenever possible.
The Google Search Console will give you a lot of success if you are optimizing your existing on-page content. It is important to find first-party data on how Google is ranking your website. Following this, you should add additional keywords in the H2 and H3 sections to achieve a great boost in your site’s rankings. This will give great outcomes if you use the right keywords and the exact match queries in your subheadings.
Optimizing for Featured Snippets
Google updates its algorithms constantly so that it can offer the most important information to its searchers in the fastest possible manner. And featured snippets are a way in which Google provides the information.
Why is a featured snippet so important?
Google uses the featured snippets which have bite-sized information placed above the organic rankings giving valuable information to the users. Getting a featured snippet will help your site to get a higher ranking. It will establish your brand’s authority to drive more organic traffic to your website. Read further to understand more reasons which help to format the new content and also optimize the already existing content to generate a featured snippet.
What you must do?
Featured snippets are the position zero that not only outranks all other organic rankings but also paid ads. Attaining position zero will help your target page come at the top in the search engine results. It also helps to bring more qualified traffic to your website.
It helps you in building more backlinks as more and more people click on your website. As a result, triggering featured snippets will further push down your competition in the SERPs.
Types of Snippets
Google can display several types of snippets based on the search query, search history and search intent. You can format your content in several ways for securing three important kinds of featured snippets.
- Table featured snippets: For queries involving comparison, data, and pricing options, Google includes a table with search query answers on top. Generally, table featured snippets can be 6-7 rows long and 3-4 columns wide. Experts suggest that Google prefers HTML table format more than table formats in CSS or other languages. Adding the HTML table to your blog posts can help to trigger the process of table snippets easily.
- Paragraph snippets: These kinds of snippets comprise 40-50 word descriptions that serve as answers for search queries and have a link to the source content. You can secure such featured snippets easily with content formatting and with proper on-page SEO.
- The list featured snippets: When you type ‘how to’ queries, don’t you get snippets with a checklist featuring bulleted or numbered lists? Such snippets present a powerful way of generating high-volume traffic for process-oriented queries.
Using Schema Mark-up for Guiding the Search Engine
Schema mark-up is useful for structuring the data. It will help you to add it to the blog posts and the web pages so that Google can understand it in the way you desire. For example, if you want to highlight any event going to take place in your organization.
Creating FAQs on your page will help you to cover a lot of keywords. Moreover, you will be able to answer a lot of searchers’ queries with the FAQs. Having FAQs on your page will give you a great bang on your buck and also offer you a lot of benefits. How a schema FAQ markup can help you?
- It will boost your impressions: The FAQ schema drives more organic impressions leading to a higher number of clicks on your blog posts and web pages.
- Content interlinking: You can enhance interlinking by adding a link to each of your answers or to the answers for which you have detailed answers on your web page.
- Improving online visibility: FAQ schema will be imparting higher visibility to your content and it will keep pushing your competitors down the SERPs.
Best methods to add FAQs
Either add them at the end of the home page, the About page, or at the end of the blog posts. Also, keep updating the schema mark-up for the important events or the other featured products or services on your website. These are some of the best ways to upcharge your SEO.
You can learn more about how you can get the best outcomes with on-page optimization by talking to the experts at Visibility Gurus.