Business research acts as a decision-making method in the system of enterprise planning in the field of management, budgeting, and organization of the firm’s activities. Very often, students of business universities have to carry out such research, and therefore it is essential to be able to conduct them qualitatively. If you are faced with such a difficult task, do not worry. We have prepared several recommendations with which you can cope easily and naturally.
1. Select a Topic
Before the student’s work begins to be written, it is important to find a topic in which he/she will be interested in and which is not difficult to understand. In some educational institutions, a teacher selects the topic for each schoolchild or student, in others, there is a free choice.
To make it easier to find a topic yourself, follow a few basic rules:
- Build on existing research or closely related work by other authors and specialists. To use the experience of other predecessors as support and help is a practically necessary rule. Most often, it is other people’s monographs and scientific works that act as prerequisites for new activities.
- Before approving a topic, check how much information and materials you can find. First, an extensive thematic field is selected, after that, the author studies the information and literature, and on the basis of this, it will be easier to concretize the topic of the project.
- It is important that the chosen topic has practical value and significance, is relevant in terms of problems in the field of science under consideration.
- Another prerequisite is the compliance of the topic with the goals of the educational direction of the student’s professional or general training.
- Ultimately, after making a choice, consult with an instructor with knowledge of the area to approve or challenge the decision.
- When searching for a topical topic and problems, it is also important to rely on what discipline will be studied
If you find this step very difficult and incomprehensible, then it would be wise to contact WriteMyEssayOnline, where qualified writers will do the research paper for you.
2. Create a Bibliography
Previous research on your topic, as well as interesting articles, books, dissertations, and other materials, will do. When choosing sources, pay attention to the year of publication (you are unlikely to get useful and relevant information from an article published 10 years ago), as well as the fame and reputation of the author. Books and studies are most often freely available, but for some works, you will have to pay a symbolic amount – unless, of course, this is a voluminous book by a well-known specialist.
Also, use academic search engines such as Google Scholar and others. There you will find the materials you need faster than flipping through dozens of Google pages.
3. Follow the Right Paper Structure
You have to stick to a specific structure.
It usually looks like this:
- Introduction (substantiates the relevance of the research, the degree of development of this topic in the literature, formulates the object and subject of research, goals, and objectives of the work). If there is a practical part, a hypothesis is formulated.
- The main body is presented in the form of chapters, divided into paragraphs. Each part should cover some aspect of the topic, each paragraph should be one aspect of the chapter. At the end of the paragraph and chapter, it is advisable to draw brief conclusions.
- The conclusion represents general conclusions on the topic, summarizes the research results, indicates the possibilities of practical use of the work results.
4. Present the Research Results Correctly
You must present your research results correctly. This is your own data obtained as a result of research activities. The obtained data must be compared with the data of scientific sources from the literature review on the problem and the patterns found in the research process must be established. It is necessary to note the novelty of the results, which was made from the fact that others did not notice what results were obtained for the first time, what shortcomings in practice can be corrected using the results obtained during the study.
It is necessary to clearly understand the difference between the working data and the data presented in the text of the work. In the process of research, a large array of numbers is often obtained that do not need to be presented in the text. Therefore, only the most necessary data is processed and presented. However, it must be remembered that someone may want to familiarize themselves with the primary research material. In order not to overload the main part of the work, the primary material can be placed in the application. The most advantageous form of data presentation is graphical, which makes it as easy as possible for the reader to perceive the text. Always put yourself in the reader’s shoes.
5. Design and Revise your Research Paper
Check your grammar, spelling, and syntax. Make sure that the work is built on smooth and logical transitions from one thought to another, from one paragraph to another. You cannot jump sharply from one idea to another. Check with your instructor what format your work should be. Make sure your work contains all the necessary elements, including the title page, content, introduction, body, conclusion, bibliography, and appendices. Before submitting your scientific work for review, check it three more times.
The research paper is the student’s independent work experience. This problem is relevant for high school students. Studying the algorithm for a research paper is not only an interesting and informative process but also a work that allows you to determine the possibility of manifestation of creativity in writing and design. With our pieces of advice, writing should be much easier. Try it!