The Post Graduate Program in Finance is a one-year full-time diploma course for working professionals seeking rapid career advancement. A bachelor’s degree in Finance or an equivalent bachelor’s degree with 50% of the marks from an accredited university is required for enrolment in this postgraduate programme in Finance. Several reputable institutions also hold entrance exams and individual interviews to choose candidates for admission to the PG Diploma in Finance programme.
Critical knowledge is covered in the PG Diploma in Finance programme, including acquisition, working capital management, and international Finance and mergers. The average cost to pursue a postgraduate degree in Finance is between 40,000 and 1,80,000 Indian rupees. However, compared to private institutes, government institutions charge less. Students can pursue careers as financial analysts, financial planners, financial managers, accountants, portfolio managers, and other related positions after finishing the Post Graduate Diploma in Finance degree. They can work in content marketing, education, stock markets, teaching, private and foreign banks, etc., and these graduates earn between INR 4 LPA and INR 6 LPA in compensation packages. Also, there is banking and finance online training provided for students.
Admissions for a postgraduate diploma in Finance
The merit or entrance exam determines admission to the Post Graduate Program in Finance. For entrance to this programme, several Institutes choose candidates using a merit list created by a university. Some reputable institutes hold entrance examinations in addition to the (PI) personal interview phase to select students for course admission. According to each institute’s rules and regulations, entrance tests may differ. Few colleges accept students directly for this PG Diploma in Finance programme admission. The following discussion covers some critical topics regarding PG Diploma in Finance entrance to this programme.
In most cases, there is no such thing as a common entrance exam. Different colleges may, however, organize their entrance exams for admission. Students seeking access to the program can visit the college’s official website or campus for further information. Students who want to enrol on banking and finance online training can take admissions through online courses.
Most of the time, if the applicant passes the cut-off, they will be contacted for an in-person interview. Without a personal interview, some colleges provide immediate admission. Soon after application forms are submitted, announcements of merit lists and cut-offs are made. The students who pass the cut-off on entrance exams will be contacted for individual interviews. Once chosen, the candidates can submit their materials at the designated college.
Candidates seeking admission to the PG Program in Finance course must meet specific minimal qualifying requirements, some of which are listed below.
To be considered eligible for the PG Diploma in Finance programme, a candidate must have earned their graduation from an accredited institution of higher learning.
They must also have Mathematics as one of their compulsory courses in their high school level qualifying exams to qualify for the PG Diploma in Finance course. Different institutions may have other minimum entry requirements regarding the percentage of marks.
PG Diploma course in Finance is about-
The PG Diploma course is described in depth below in bullet points so that students can easily understand the course overview.
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Finance teaches students to financial planning theories and decision-making tools.
- During this one-year course, students learn to understand financial statements, plan and measure performance using budgets and other financial techniques, make financial decisions, and manage financial risks.
- This course combines topics related to finance with those that are pertinent to the banking industry. Additionally, it improves a candidate’s knowledge and abilities in other financial specialties.
- The PG Diploma in Finance is designed to give candidates a foundational understanding of the critical managing roles and a setting for pursuing managerial responsibilities and subsequent education.
Why Take a Finance Postgraduate Diploma Course?
A benefit of the PG Program in Finance course is listed below. These are the explanations for choosing this course by students.
- Diverse Professional Options: The PG Diploma in Finance provides many career opportunities in numerous organizations and areas. Students who complete this course can find employment in public and private sectors, such as accounting firms and private banks. The PG Diploma in Finance students can obtain positions in the Treasury and Forex Department, Public Accounting, and Policy Planning.
- Focuses on financial and accounting aspects: The PG Diploma in Finance curriculum’s course is unique and focuses on these two areas.
- Intriguing Subjects: The course is interesting since it focuses on accounting and finance topics with an emphasis on financial improvements.
- Higher Studies: After completing a PG Diploma in Finance programme, students may continue their education to broaden their knowledge and, in turn, their employment prospects.
Benefits of joining the PG Program in Finance
Your expertise and knowledge of the industry will be highly valued.
Your skills will always be in demand because the globe constantly needs finance specialists. With your unique skill set and industry knowledge, prospective employers will consider you are appealing to hiring. When you’re studying Finance, you’ll have to be able to think critically while also making sure your communication abilities are top-notch as you interact and work with your other cohort members. These exchanges will serve as excellent preparation for the close bonds you’ll need to establish with co-workers in the workplace. Additionally, technical and financial knowledge can help you properly manage your money and bank account.
Abundant career prospects
Financial management, insurance, commercial banking, and hedge funds are just a few career paths available to those pursuing a career in Finance. Although a job in Finance can be challenging, it can also be highly financially lucrative, with income potential that varies greatly depending on your expertise, position, and area of work.
It displays your zeal and dedication.
A master’s in finance degree can significantly impact potential employers. Even though not every job will need you to hold a master’s degree, in some circumstances, it can help offer you competitiveness over other candidates.
The opportunity to travel abroad
After all, Finance is a worldwide industry. Familiarizing yourself with the world’s biggest financial centres in New York and London is one sure-fire method to grasp the reality of global banking.
PG Program in Diploma is a two-semester Work Educational Programme intended for professionals seeking rapid career advancement in high-growth sectors of Finance or the BFSI industry who want to distinguish out in highly competitive workplaces. A postgraduate diploma obtained after earning a bachelor’s degree is the PG Program in Finance. Students who wish to enrol in this course must have graduated with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50%. With banking and finance online training, you can investigate associated prospects in fields like corporate management, financial planning, investment services, public and private banks, etc.