As users spend more time on your website more, they are interacting with features constantly. Some of those small interactions will leave behind huge impacts, which are hard for you to address. Each of the small movements will have an impact on the overall experience especially on magento ecommerce website development. Use these said small moments for improving the user experience. It will ensure users follow through with some of the interactions as they start navigating the website.
Understanding more about micro-interactions:
The smaller interactions are called micro-interactions and currently forming a major part of Magento eCommerce website development. They are mainly targeted as basic tasks that users cover when interacting with the website. If designed proficiently, this site will present positive feedback whenever the users start to interface with it.
- This kind of service will make the users feel that they are part of this transition. They will also feel like being a part of the site’s movements.
- However, the responses associated with such interactions must always feel intuitive and natural at the same time.
- This kind of interaction will allow the users to proficiently accomplish a single task like synching devices to the website, interacting with the page’s features, uploading comments, liking a page, turning the function on or off, and controlling volume or brightness.
- The micro-interaction is going to be the acknowledgment that users will have after accomplishing any one of the given tasks.
The four parts of micro-interactions:
What most people are not aware of is the four parts of micro-interactions. Learning about those parts beforehand will help you to use the features of this UX value to its whole new level.
- The first one is Trigger. It helps in initiating a micro-interaction. Triggers can widely be system or user-initiated. In the user-initiated Trigger, the user must initiate action as and when asked for. In terms of the system-initiated Trigger, the software will detect some qualifications, which are being met, and then initiate an action.
- The second one is the rules. The main goal over here is to determine what might happen once the micro intention gets triggered.
- Feedback is another option, which will let people know what is happening. Anything that the user hears, sees, or feels while micro-interaction is noted as feedback.
- The last one among the four parts is noted as loops and modes. It helps in determining the meta-rules of micro-interaction. What will be the next stages when the condition changes for micro-interaction? The answer is available within loops and modes. Also Watch private YouTube videos
Why are micro-interactions noted to be vital?
One of the major joys associated with technology comes with user engagement and empowerment. An enjoyable experience will always mean more usability. The option needs to be quite engaging, and you can expect the micro-interactions to play a pivotal role during that instance. It does that by contributing to the look and feel of the service or product in a positive manner.
- The micro-interactions will improve the user experience of the product by displaying system values, encouraging engagement, communicating brand, and providing that error prevention.
- The standard micro-interactions like the scrollbars are always less likely to be designed poorly when compared to some of their modern counterparts like the pull to refresh elements.
- These new micro-interactions are always in need of more effort and thought for that meaningful and well-designed experience in the end.
When to use micro-interactions:
In the current UI or UX world, micro-interactions are touted as powerhouses while communicating with the users. There are some ways mentioned below in which you can use the power of micro-interactions to make your website more user-friendly.
This swipe helps in eliminating tapping and also way more interactive and smooth. It will help the users to switch quickly between the tabs and procure some information about the said product. Furthermore, swiping is noted to be quite a common gesture, which will guide the users subconsciously without the need to make them think.
Dealing with animations:
Animation is used for enabling and further improving micro-interactions. They are here to personify good design, and the present might not be noticed. But the absence will definitely take a toll on all. Animations will work out as glue to help designers make the simplest of the processes addictive and interesting. But, you need to be very careful as they are meant to engage users and not distract or frustrate them. The delayed processing or adding up a new style in the website might lead to some confusion.
The input of data:
Everyone knows the frustration involved with setting up a password and also creating an account. This form of action can easily raise hackles. While the proactive suggestions on strengthening the password and usage will make it significantly easier for the user to move ahead, some of the interactive sessions at the time of data input will surely keep users engaged with the said process and helping in accomplishing a goal.
Present status of the system:
It is always mandatory for you to keep the users informed about the present status related to the app or website. In case the users remain in the dark, they might get annoyed and will leave the app or online site for good. Micro-interactions will actually let the users know what is going on exactly and how long will the process last to complete. Even the failure message can be pretty humorous but also quite effective for retaining the user’s trust.
Get help from the experts:
To learn more about micro-interactions and the beauty this feature holds, it is mandatory to log online and catch up with professionals. They are more than happy to address your needs. You can even get their advice and tips on ways to use micro-interactions more wisely and, in the end, will create the most versatile user experience possible. Your Magento website will grow to a new height when you have professionals working on it.