Emails are our means of communication. We use emails for personal and professional communication. However, we also receive lots of emails from hundreds of companies and organizations that we have not been in contact with. These emails are aimed to disclose, express, explain or announce something. Thus what does famous email marketing mean and how can we achieve competent email content?
1. What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a type of marketing. It is devoted to giving the contacts you choose information about the merchandise or services you offer. By emails you can create or choose your audience who you want to involve in the intended group of possible customers or collaborators.
Email marketing is a source of sharing information, promoting a product, or notifying about a new release.
There is a concept in email marketing called CTA. CTA means clear-to-action. This term is used for promotional emails that are sent to involve people in consumerism. Saying products do not always mean physical goods. It can refer to intellectual values as well, such as education or capacity training.
2. How to write effective email marketing content?
Email marketing is like running a virtual organization. It is a target point while announcing something. Every day we receive hundreds of emails that are sent directly to the recycle bin. Then how to write an effective email. There are some training courses about effective email marketing. Marketing strategies for admissions consulting can give you the skills to create the coherent email content.
Here are some tips on how should an effective email be written:
- The “from” name is one of the most important points of an email. The receiver is more likely to open an email if it has a familiar “from” name.
- The subject line should be short with a concrete topic.
- Do not forget about the preheader. Write a summary to focus the attention.
- The body of the email should be simple and interesting. It must engage the reader and invite him/her to go on reading.
- Omit friction words such as download, apply, order, or submit.
- Use buttons and enhance them. Buttons are the direct connection with your clients and your merchandise.
3. Why writing compelling email content is important?
Once the reader opens your mail and does not send it to the bin immediately you are more likely to succeed. If your email is read once your chances are high that this contact will read your future emails. That is why compelling email content is important to make from the receiver a customer.
The content of an email is exposed in the header and body. The part of the header should be a summary, meanwhile, the body can include more details. An email should have a hook to link you with the receiver.
4. Best Practices for Crafting Irresistible Email Newsletters
An email newsletter has a direct impact on the reader. If it is well written it will achieve its goal. Here are some points to consider before writing an email newsletter.
- Tell your target audience what they did not know – Here you should examine thoroughly the audience you work for, their likes and dislikes.
- Communicate – Communicate with your audience, make it dynamic, ask them to write to you back.
- Make it easy to read – Your newsletter must be easy to read both visually and the content.
- Strong layout – organization of an email is also a point to consider. Strong layouts are what make emails attractive for the readers.
- Treat your contacts as individuals – each of your contacts that receive an email should feel as if he/she is the only one who received that mail. It gives them a sense of importance and exclusivity.
5. Have a purpose
The purpose of the email must be clear and easy to understand. Decide what is essential for you and what you want your contacts to do. If you want them to subscribe to your page the button should indicate it clearly, if you aim to ask them to write feedback you should make it evident.
Studies show that emails with clearer content and specific purpose have more possibilities to achieve their goal. 58% of the emails with a clear purpose are read.
6. Define your audience and their needs
How should I define the audience?
First of all, think about the target audience you would like to collaborate with. Once you have made up your mind, start examining their characteristics.
- hobbies and interests
- social network engagement
- professional information
7. Design Simply and Strategically
An email design is probably more important than anything else. We open an email and scan it. An attractive and correct email design can attract the attention of the recipient. How many times have we deleted an email that has reached us? Sometimes without even opening or reading it, just because we didn’t like the design.
A perfect design for an email would be to start from the very beginning:
- The subject should have a hook to grab the reader.
- Include only necessary information in your email so that the person who receives it does not waste time on other things.
- Make your email a bit interactive with buttons so that the person who accesses it can also access your page or the information you are giving.
- Personalize each email. None of us are interested in receiving an email that is intended for millions of people at the same time.
- Keep an eye on the text, the size of the letters, the images, the proportions of your email. Everything counts.
8. Use the language of your readers
Before sending an email you have to decide what type of audience they are for. Once you have decided this, you have to go to the second phase. In this second phase, you have to examine in detail the hobbies, the age, the professions of your audience. The information you get will help you to decide which language you need to use with your audience.
9. Use P.S. lines
P.S. lines are to add information that you forget to mention in the body of the email. You can use P.S. lines in both formal and informal emails. These lines give a sense of importance and personalization to the email.
This technique attracts readers and makes them notice your keyword.
It helps to gain more loyal customers.
10. Set expectation at the start
With our email, we want to reach new followers or new consumers. Thus, the first thing we have to do is directly start the email with the important information. Do not dwell on what you want to say. Attract your readers from the very beginning. Start an email with the information they do not know but would like to. Skip long introductions. Mails should be short and easy to read and understand.
If you give the contacts the possibility to chat with you the perfect option would be live customer service and not robots.
11. Avoid the spam folder
Appearing in a spam folder can be annoying. There are some tips to avoid appearing in the spam folder.
- If your marketing is permission-based you will hardly appear in the spam
- Make your list by yourself and include people that will open the email.
- The sender’s reputation should be revised constantly.
- Avoid some words in your email:
- cash bonus
- fast cash
- call now
- web traffic
- sign up free today, etc.
To conclude, it is not easy to craft an irresistible email newsletter. You need a creative staff to work on the design, content, and quality of the emails. There are many things to consider before writing an email. To promote your merchandise and move forward your business, be aware of some tips mentioned above and always experiment with new ideas.