Erratic weather is indeed worrying. Changes in weather from extreme heat to heavy rain, will force our body to be extra in maintaining health upon dealing with the changes.
The extreme weather that often occurs today can be caused by several factors. But global climate change is definitely the major factor in the occurrence of extreme weather. An increase in the average temperature on Earth, caused by greenhouse gas emissions and human activities, is causing unstable weather patterns. These include more frequent and intense heat waves, stronger and more frequent storms, floods, droughts, and changing seasonal cycles.
Global warming can also affect complex airflow patterns in the atmosphere. Where it can contribute to the occurrence of extreme weather. It should be noted that extreme weather can also vary regionally. Factors such as geographic location, topography, and local weather patterns can also influence the occurrence of extreme weather in an area.
Staying healthy in extreme weather is very important because extreme weather can negatively affect our bodies. Here are the ultimate reasons why maintaining health during extreme weather is very important!
- Extreme heat can cause excess heat in the body, which can lead to dehydration, fatigue, fainting, and even heatstroke. On the other hand, very cold weather can cause a lack of heat in the body, which increases the risk of hypothermia and other health problems.
- Prolonged heat or cold waves can also affect our immune system and increase our risk of developing illnesses such as respiratory infections, fever, flu, or skin diseases. Humid weather can also create better conditions for the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- Extreme weather is often associated with unsafe environmental conditions, such as storms, floods, or hazardous road conditions. This can increase the risk of injury from accidents, falls, lightning strikes, or being struck by flying objects.
- Last but not least, extreme weather can exacerbate pre-existing health conditions, such as heart disease, asthma, arthritis, or other respiratory conditions. This can cause more severe symptoms and increase the risk of health complications.
How to Maintain Health During Extreme Weather?
Extreme weather can make it difficult for the body to fight viral infections, mainly due to several factors such as decreased levels of vitamin D, too much spending time at home, cold temperatures that can weaken immunity, and constriction of blood vessels.
Many researchers have found that exposure to extreme weather can harm the immune system! Thus we need to be better informed on how to maintain health during the extreme weather season.
1. Have adequate rest
Adequate rest is the main pillar of health because rest can keep our body’s immunity strong. In addition, rest can also act as a support for the body’s immune system. Proper rest can be achieved by having a regular sleeping pattern every day.
Don’t forget to do regular exercise every day to maintain body immunity. Everyone is recommended to exercise for 150 minutes every week or 30 minutes every day (five times a week). Exercise can also be done at any time or even at your own home, so don’t be lazy!
But do keep in mind during extreme weather season, especially during intense heat, you have to reduce strenuous physical activity. Also, avoid being outside for too long when the weather is very cold.
3. Drink enough water
Adequate water intake is very important to maintain a healthy body. Water can protect the body from dehydration. In addition, fluids also have an important role in metabolism. You have to drink enough water when it’s hot and make sure you get enough fluids when it’s cold.
4. Consumption of highly nutritious foods
Make sure you eat foods that are high in nutrition starting from breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As you grow older, you have to be mindful of what you eat. Give priority to foods that contain protein and vitamins, because it is very good for the body’s immunity.
5. Dress appropriately
Wear clothing appropriate for extreme weather, based on tshirtsreviews. Wear loose, lightweight, and breathable clothing when it’s hot. And warm clothes, with proper layers when it’s cold. You can also use additional protection such as an umbrella, hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen in hot weather to protect your skin and eyes from excessive sun exposure. In cold weather, wear appropriate head protection, gloves, and shoes.
You can purchase proper outfits during extreme weather at a very affordable price only in Temu. This online shopping platform will allow you to shop with ease in the comfort of your home! Be it a coat and shawl to protect you from the winter season, or sunglasses and a UV protector hat to keep you safe from the glaring sun, all can be found at jaw-dropping prices at Temu.
Check it out now before you miss on their current crazy deals!